Saturday, June 29, 2019

lee's kitchen

lee's kitchen
神奈川県横浜市中区福富町西通48 (48 Fukutomicho Nishidori Naka-ku Yokohamashi Kanagawa Prefecture)
tel045-253-3044

what was consumed: lunch menu! yukgyejang and dolsoht bibimbap

as much as i try, i can't hide my korean-ness (at least that's what i've been told, and contrary to what the korean koreans may say). korean food is also my comfort food. so, in my new town of yokohama, i asked my japanese teacher to take me to the "koreatown" of yokohama and asked to eat korean food while on our "orientation tour" (i later had to talk about this adventure, in japanese, to my colleagues, so language learning wasn't lost through this excursion).

yokohama's koreatown is super small, just a couple of street blocks, if that. we ended up at lee's kitchen where the comforting sounds of korean and the delicious smells of hanshik made me feel right at home. as usual, i ordered yukgyejang and lee's kitchen did not disappoint. they had a small banchan selection as well, though i didn't ask to see if refills were included. in japan, smoking is still allowed in certain restaurants; such is the case with lee's kitchen. admittedly, it took me back to my gradschool years in seoul where smoking inside was still the norm. ahh, the memories.

thank you, lee's kitchen, for making me feel at home!

onlinehttp://leekitchen.jp/

No comments: